Advocacy is more than just dabbling in public policy.
It is, rather, all about being a champion for a cause.
Lend your voice. Get informed.
Here are 6 ways you can become an advocate for the United Way of Florence County:
- Tell your friends about your involvement with United Way of Florence County and what we do.
- Write a letter to the editor. United Way needs people who are passionate about education, income and health to make some noise.
- Send a letter to your elected official. Visit the United Way of South Carolina website to see what our local United Ways are working on. To contact your local Congress officials, click here. To learn how to contact other local elected officials, click here.
- Join a walk or run in memory or in honor of someone you know or participate for a specific cause.
- Become a Sponsored Executive for United Way.
The Sponsored Executive Program helps United Way keep fundraising
expenses down and provides a great learning and growing opportunity for
individuals ready to make a difference. Sponsored execs are mainly hired
during campaign season and help the thousands of companies that run
campaigns conduct a successful campaign.
- Follow us on facebook for updates and information.