United Way of Florence County Still Short of Campaign Goal
For the past sixty years, the United Way of Florence County has worked tirelessly to fund services in the health, financial stability, education, youth, emergency, special needs sectors of our community. Examples of the services provided in these sectors include guidance and leadership development programs for youth, shelter and assistance for victims of sexual or domestic abuse, and financial assistance for those struggling to meet basic needs.
In order to fund these services and many more, the United Way of Florence County set a goal to raise $1.2 million through their 2016-2017 annual campaign. Through the donations and support of the companies and individuals in Florence County, we made it close to that goal, but unfortunately, we are still short by a little over $92,000. If we do not receive enough donations to close that gap and meet our goal, our partner agencies as well as the individuals they help will be the ones affected. Names will remain on waiting lists, the amount of services provided will decrease, and new programs that could benefit the community will not be able to be started.
The seventeen partner agencies whose services would be funded through donations from the 2016-2017 annual campaign include:
- American Red Cross-Eastern SC Chapter
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Pee Dee Area
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Pee Dee Area
- CARE House of the Pee Dee
- The Chrysalis Center of Circle Park
- Civil Air Patrol
- Florence Area Literacy Council
- Florence County Disabilities & Special Needs
- Florence Family YMCA
- Girl Scouts of Eastern South Carolina
- Lighthouse Ministries
- Mercy Medicine FREE Clinic
- Pee Dee Area Council Boy Scouts of America
- Pee Dee Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Assault
- Pee Dee Speech & Hearing Center
- The Salvation Army
- Senior Citizens Association in Florence County
The United Way of Florence County is working with these agencies to provide opportunities for a better life for individuals in our community, but we cannot do it without you. Please consider donating to the United Way today to ensure that help will continue to be available for all of those in need. Donations can be made online or mailed to/dropped off at the United Way office at 1621 W. Palmetto Street in Florence, SC 29501. The last day to donate to the 2016-2017 campaign is Friday, June 30, 2017.